The Pencil Skirt is a great Fall staple to have in your closet. You can dress it up with some heels and a blouse, or dress it down like I have with sneakers and a sports jacket. Putting on this skirt immediately makes me feel sexy without overdoing it. I also love a good latte, especially if it's spiked with vanilla. Just 1 shot of expresso not 2, or it gives me the jitters!
Filtering by Category: Essentials
This week I'm heading south to attend the Bonnaroo music festival! For those of you that are not familiar, Bonnaroo is a fun filled, four-day, multi-stage camping festival, held on a 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee. You can see performances from amazing artists along side thousands of other music enthusiasts. The festival also features craftsmen and artisans selling cool items, delicious food and drinks. There is a comedy tent, silent disco, cinema and a ferris wheel. There is also an iconic central fountain that is painted every year by a new artist. Bonnaroo here I come!
One thing is for sure, Tennessee is HOT... like really hot in June, so packing clothes that are comfy and light is key. Here are my 12 essential tips you should bring that will keep you cool and stylish while you're at the farm.
1. Sneakers - Bring shoes that you can comfortably stand in for 12 hours. You should bring a second pair or some rain boots in case it pours and gets all muddy. I love these Vans printed sunflower sneakers.
2. Backpack - Wearing a backpack will allow you to carry more and have better mobility through the crowds. Herschel's line of bags come in cute designs and colors.
3. Sunscreen - Did I mention that it's hot in Tennessee? Protect your skin from the intense rays with Neutrogena spray on sunscreen.
4. Lip balm - The heat can really dry out your skin, including your lips. I have full lips so there is no way I will leave home without some lip armor. I like Nivea's line of lip butter. It goes on smooth and hydrates instantly .
5. Sunglasses - Bring two just in case you lose one. Lucluc has a great selection of shades that will keep you looking cool no matter what!
6. Face/hand wipes- Between the all sweating and using those porta potties, face/hand wipes are a necessity. Sephora face wipes keeps your skin clean and looking radiant.
7. Camera- When your phone dies you will wish you had your camera to take that once in a lifetime moment.
8. Shorts- The great thing about bringing shorts is you can wear the same pair pretty much the whole time just be sure to change your top! The trick is to find ones that won't ride up your crotch. These high waisted denim shorts will be your best bet.
9. Hat - A brimmed hat will protect you from the sun and complete your cozy chic look.
10. Tank top- If you're like me and hate wearing bras, a bathing suite top is the way to go. Bring a cute tank top to use as a cover up if you don't want to walk around in just your bikini. Madewell is my go to for tanks and v-neck tees.
11. Scarf - Scarves are so versatile. You can use it in the day to wrap your hair up away from your face and at night, as a shawl to keep you warm when it gets chilly.
12. Face mist - I tend to have dry skin so I like to use Mac cosmetics face mist to keep my face looking dewy and moisturized throughout the day.
Spring is funny, isn't it? Just when you think it's finally time to put away all your winter gear, you have days where you WISH you left home with more then just that cute new jacket.
There are times in life that are similar to Spring's sporadic mood swings. Things seem to be going well and then all of a sudden you're hit with a challenge or setback. We tend to focus and obsess about the moments that don't go as planned, totally forgetting that there is another side where you can grow and learn more about yourself.
It's difficult to see the positive in a bad situation so instead, focus on the outcome that you desire and remind yourself better days are just around the corner.
Whether you have a big event coming up or if you're just going to your corner bodega, we all want to look effortlessly beautiful.
Having a routine skin regimen is key to keeping breakouts at bay and finding makeup that matches your skin tone is just as important.
For your wedding day you want your skin to be glowing and glamorous but you still want to look like YOU.
I had celebrity makeup artist Lynette Broom come over to give me a fresh take on how makeup can enhance your natural features and give you flawless look on your wedding day!
For the eye shadow Lynette used Iman's tiger eye eye shadow "which she says, "Is one of the best bronze eye shadows on earth " and I totally agree.
Bobbi Brown black chocolate eyeshadow was used in the crease for depth and, Mac's orange eyeshadow on top of the brown crease shadow for brightness. She also used that same orange eyeshadow to brighten my cheeks topped off with Nars Coeur Battant blush that's a bright fuschia pink.
For my lips, Lynette made this colorful lip color compact. She mixed and matched different shades to make a unique lip color just for me!
To complete this flawless look Lynette used Nars Casino bronzer mixed with Bobbi Brown in deep 4 for my foundation.
1. Exfoliate to get rid of dead skin cells.
2. Use orange colors on brown skin to add brightness.
3. Take your makeup of at night! I know it's super annoying when you just want to go to bed, but do it and your skin will love you for it.
4.Moisturize your skin and drink plenty of water.
This winter has been a hard one in New York but never fear, oversized scarves are here! The oversized scarf is just the right colorful layering piece to keep you warm and comfy. My friend Amari has on a vintage scarf that she got back in California.